Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
To ensure that district funding is targeted to the needs of students, as well as the identified subgroups of English Language learners, socio-economically disadvantaged, and foster youth, each year district staff seeks input for developing the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) for the Los Gatos Union School District (LGUSD). The plan will describe the district’s overall vision for students, annual goals, and specific actions the district will take to achieve these strategic goals. The plan will also demonstrate how the district’s budget will help achieve the goals, and assess each year how well the strategies in the plan were able to improve outcomes.
The eight priorities of the LCAP are:
- Basic Services - Providing all students access to fully credentialed teachers, instructional materials that align with state standards, and safe facilities.
- Implementation of Common Core - Implementation of California’s academic standards, including the Common Core State Standards.
- Parent Involvement - Parent involvement and participation, so the local community is engaged in the decision-making process and the educational programs of students.
- Pupil Achievement - Improving student achievement and outcomes along multiple measures, including test scores, English proficiency and college and career preparedness.
- Pupil Engagement - Supporting student engagement, including whether students attend school or are chronically absent.
- School Climate - Highlighting school climate and connectedness through a variety of factors, such as suspension and expulsion rates and other locally identified means.
- Course Access - Ensuring all students have access to classes that prepare them for college and careers, regardless of what school they attend or where they live.
- Other Student Outcomes - Measuring other important student outcomes related to required areas of study, including physical education and the arts.