Safe Routes to School
Right From the Start
It is never too early to begin building healthy and safe habits. Walk, roll and carpool everyday.
We encourage parents to model safety around all schools in our community. These actions align with Project Cornerstone Asset #14 Adult Role Models – Parents and other adults model positive, responsible behavior. It shows our students that we care about their safety.
- Consider carpooling with neighbors and friends
- Park within a ½ mile radius of school and walk to campus
- Follow the direction of staff in drive through zones
- Wear a helmet when riding a bike
- Show children the importance of following the direction of the crossing guards.
- Volunteer at a SR2S event
- Sign a Driver Contract and pledge safe driving around schools. Download the form and return it to your school site.
Happy Walking and Rolling,
Safe Routes to School Coordinator