Strategic Planning Update - March 2020
March 2020 Strategic Plan Update
This represents a comprehensive effort to bring all stakeholders together to create a five year vision and direction for LGUSD. The vision represents where we want to be as a District in the year 2025.
The following input process was conducted:
- Focus group outreach to the staff, students, parents, and the Los Gatos community (28 focus group meetings with over 500 individuals attending) Focus Group Summary
- Online Surveys
- August 13th Staff Development Day (teaching staff participating to provide feedback for the Student Success Profile)
- Student Success Profile Committee (comprised of staff and business leaders/parents) 3 meetings
- Strategic Planning Steering Committee (wide range of represented stakeholders) 4 meetings
The Draft Strategic Plan (2020-2025) that was brought to the Board in January represented the following components:
- Vision and Mission
- LGUSD Student Success Profile
- Points of Pride
- Five Year Objectives with Indicators of Success
- Student Wellness
- STEAM and Social Innovation
- Community and Global Citizenship
- Academic Excellence/Curriculum & Instruction
- Staff Professional Growth and Support
- Sound Finance & Infrastructure
During the past two months, (January/February) there has been additional outreach to the LGUSD staff through early morning coffee meetings and after school pizza meeting. Based on additional feedback of the staff, modifications have been made to the Strategic Plan. Some of the changes include:
- Semantic word changes.
- A revision to the Mission Statement changing “Service Before Self” to “Service Above Self”. This brings Objective #3 (Community and Global Citizenship) in harmony with the mission statement.
- Adjustments have been made to the projected 6 year timeline implementation. After feedback from teachers, the Physical Education analysis/planning team has been moved from the 2021-2022 school year to next year (2020-2021)
- Objective #6 has been reworded to reflect “Sustainable” Finance and Infrastructure.
- The Points of Pride have been condensed and simplified.
- Footnotes regarding technology infrastructure and IB implementation at Lexington Elementary