Strategic Planning Stakeholder Feedback
This represents a comprehensive effort to bring all stakeholders together to create a five year vision and direction for LGUSD. The vision represents where we want to be as a District in the year 2025. In the 2019-2020 school year, the district gathered feedback from a large cross section of the community.
The following input process was conducted:
- Focus group outreach to the staff, students, parents, and the Los Gatos community (28 focus group meetings with over 500 individuals attending) Focus Group Summary
- Online Surveys
- August 13th Staff Development Day (teaching staff participating to provide feedback for the Student Success Profile)
- Student Success Profile Committee (comprised of staff and business leaders/parents) 3 meetings
- Strategic Planning Steering Committee (wide range of represented stakeholders) 4 meetings
The Draft Strategic Plan (2020-2025) that was brought to the Board in January 2020 represented the following components:
- Vision and Mission
- LGUSD Student Success Profile
- Points of Pride
- Five Year Objectives with Indicators of Success
- Student Wellness
- STEAM and Social Innovation
- Community and Global Citizenship
- Academic Excellence/Curriculum & Instruction
- Staff Professional Growth and Support
- Sound Finance & Infrastructure
In January and February 2020 there was additional outreach to the LGUSD staff through early morning coffee meetings and after school pizza meeting. Based on additional feedback of the staff, modifications have been made to the Strategic Plan. Some of the changes included:
- Semantic word changes.
- A revision to the Mission Statement changing “Service Before Self” to “Service Above Self”. This brings Objective #3 (Community and Global Citizenship) in harmony with the mission statement.
- Adjustments were made to the projected 6 year timeline implementation. After feedback from teachers, the Physical Education analysis/planning team has been moved from the 2021-2022 school year to next year (2020-2021)
- Objective #6 was reworded to reflect “Sustainable” Finance and Infrastructure.
- The Points of Pride were condensed and simplified.
- Footnotes regarding technology infrastructure and IB implementation at Lexington Elementary
The LGUSD 2020-2025 Strategic Plan was approved by the Governing Board on March 12, 2020.