Student Internet Use Contract
Before a Los Gatos Union School District student is allowed to access the Internet from school, he/she must first receive age-appropriate internet instruction at school, agree to the following rules and responsibilities, and (with parent help) indicate that they agree to the Student and Parent/Guardian Agreement shown below.
I agree to the following when using any device or school equipment or when working on the Internet:
- I will use the district network and school equipment for educational purposes only.
- I understand that the use of the district’s computer system is a privilege and the violation of any of these rules may result in disciplinary action.
- I will not access email accounts other than my district assigned lgusd.org account when using the district and school network.
- I will not download unauthorized applications or materials including music when using the district and school network.
- I will obey all copyright laws.
- I will only log on to a computer with my district assigned username and password.
- I will not access another person's computing device, folder, work or files without explicit permission from the owner.
- I will not attempt to bypass or circumvent District filters.
- I will not cause damage to the school computers, the computer network or other school or district equipment.
- I will not create, access, display, distribute or download offensive messages, pictures or materials.
- I will not use the computer or network to harass or insult others.
- I will tell my teacher immediately if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will not take part in an interactive web project unless an adult directly supervises me.
- I will not enter or participate in chat sessions or social networking sites.
- I will not give out any personal information such as my name, address, telephone number, or the name and location of my school other than approved by my teacher and/or parent.
- I will not fill out any Internet forms and surveys unless instructed to do so by an adult at school.
- I will only perform tasks or access digital content during the school day that has been explicitly assigned or approved by a teacher.
- I understand that if there is any question concerning the approval of an activity or task, it is the student's responsibility to seek clarification from the teacher.
Student and Parent/Guardian Agreement
I understand and agree to these district policies. I will only use the District computer system in a reasonable and responsible manner as directed by a teacher or other District representative. I understand that if I violate this agreement, I will face disciplinary action and may lose access to the District computer system. I agree to obey all of the above stated rules and regulations.
The above agreement is sent out to all new and returning parent/guardians annually via PowerSchool Enrollment (Infosnap) at the start of the school year. Last updated Aug-2021.