Safe Routes to School
Right From the Start
It is never too early to begin building healthy and safe habits. Walk, roll and carpool everyday.
We encourage parents to model safety around all schools in our community. These actions align with Project Cornerstone Asset #14 Adult Role Models – Parents and other adults model positive, responsible behavior. It shows our students that we care about their safety.
- Consider carpooling with neighbors and friends
- Park within a ½ mile radius of school and walk to campus
- Follow the direction of staff in drive through zones
- Wear a helmet when riding a bike
- Show children the importance of following the direction of the crossing guards.
- Volunteer at a SR2S event
- Sign a Driver Contract and pledge safe driving around schools. Complete the form attached and return it to your school office or the district office.
Volunteers are always welcome. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information. I look forward to another walking and rolling year.
Safe Routes to School Coordinator
Los Gatos Union School District