In-Person Instruction Update - April 2, 2021
April 2, 2021
Dear Los Gatos Union School District Families,
The end of the year is upon us. Supporting students by keeping them connected and engaged with their school, classmates and teachers has been our goal throughout this year. While there is no perfect model, our efforts to expand in-person instruction have been student-centered with our guiding principles at the forefront of all decisions. The following highlights our plan for the remainder of this school year.
The updated In-Person Instruction Plan reflects recent changes in the CDC and CDPH guidelines.
As we move into the last two months of school, this will be the last change in schedules. Our student-first approach is centered around the following:
- Minimizing the number of changes and disruptions in schedules.
- Increasing the amount of in-person opportunities across the district.
LGUSD will move forward with the following changes beginning April 19, 2021:
- A/B Cohorts will be combined in grades TK/K-5
- Elementary students will have in-person instruction five days a week from 8:30 - 12:30 pm.
- 1st-5th Grade Classes will have specific designated weeks for lunch-on-campus
- The middle school schedule will be 8:30 - 12:00 pm daily for all students.
- In addition, students will have rotating in-person extended days (until 1:55 pm) depending on their elective schedule. The extended days will include lunch on campus.
- Middle school A/B Cohorts will be combined May 3, 2021, pending MOU approval. As noted in the board meeting, the district and teachers' association have reached a tentative agreement and final approval of the MOU is anticipated over Spring break.
Principals will send the On-Ramp Parent Commitment Form and information later today. We are asking every family to submit a response by April 12, 2021. This will give our school site teams time to prepare.
Student COVID Testing
Staff and student safety is our top priority. We highly recommend COVID testing for all students returning to in-person instruction after Spring Break Students may participate in the LGUSD sponsored COVID testing.
Registration is required before arriving for your child’s first COVID test. After the initial registration, you do not need to re-register.
Additional testing options are available through the Santa Clara County Public Health Department. Visit their Free COVID-19 Testing Sites page for more information.
Please see the dates and times below:
As we near the end of this year I want to thank our teachers for their dedication to our LGUSD students during a once in a 100 year challenge. Thank you to our families for supporting the district, our entire staff, and your children through a challenging year.
Our students have faced the difficult task of learning during a pandemic with grit, grace and determination. They continue to be our inspiration. As we finish out this school year let us provide them opportunities to prepare for the future and celebrate their achievements.
Yours in Education,
|Links to Reopening School Board Meeting Presentations|